Author, Editor, Designer; Skyline Magazine | San Antonio, TX (January 2016 – April 2016)
- Helped write, edit, and design a 64-page magazine to be distributed through Trinity University’s Office of Admissions and to the larger San Antonio community.
Click here to view PDF of complete magazine.
Designed layouts and carefully edited the following articles:
- “Granada: An Emblem of Spain’s Ancient Moorish Heritage”
- “Sand and Smokescreens: Exploring the Real Oahu”
Author of the following articles:
- “Chef Johnny Hernandez: The San Antonio Chef Is Always Cooking Up New Ideas”
- “Farm-To-Table: 6 Reasons Why It Matters”
IN HIGH SCHOOL
For two years, I was the Co-Editor in Chief of our bilingual, award-winning literary magazine “Sin Fronteras.” The magazine, published two times a year, has consistently been recognized by the National Council of Teachers of English as one of the finest high school literary magazines in the world. As Co-Editor in Chief, I worked with the rest of the Sin Fronteras team, carefully edited every single English and Spanish piece several times before publication, and approved design choices for the magazine. In addition, the team also chose many of my writing pieces for inclusion in the magazine.
You can view the issues below.
*Sin Fronteras translates to “Without Borders,” but it sounds much more poetic in Spanish of course.